Friday 30 June 2017

Enerjet 1340/20, Part 3



Due to the nature of the components and construction of the Enerjet 1340/20 replica, I pre-painted the sub-sections of the rocket before assembling them and applying glue. I have rarely done this before - if ever - but it made attaining the original 1970s Enerjet paint scheme far easier. I also applied the same procedure to my Enerjet 1340 replica, conceived and begun slightly ahead of the 1340/20.

After the final step of installing the 29 mm motor mount, which was left protruding from the rear end of the airframe as per the original design, both rockets were ready for a gloss coat and decaling. As stated in an earlier post, my stock of original Enerjet waterslide decals had dwindled to a mere few logos, and I therefore ordered a few sheets of custom made replica decals. As it happened, however, one of the remaining original decals fit the 1340/20 replica perfectly, matching the size of the decal seen on the rocket in Enerjet's 1970s photos. I thus used the new decals only on the 1340 replica, again striving to make it look as visually authentic as possible. Decal setting solution was needed to achieve a good sit of the delicate decals.

No comments :

Post a Comment