Monday 18 July 2016

Estes Astron Sprint



Photo of my first Estes Astron Sprint high-performance sport model with streamer recovery, taken in front of what was then my home in Nürensdorf, Switzerland, approximately in 1978. The image painfully reveals that I did not yet possess the patience necessary to build my model rockets to a reasonably high standard at the time. My best friend, Dave Sharma, was far ahead of me in this respect, and his truly fantastic builds served as a tremendous inspiration for me to eventually improve my skills.

As was the case with many of the model rockets I owned at the time, I would acquire additional Astron Sprints during later years, both for nostalgic reasons and because this was really a timelessly beautiful and iconic design.

Estes #1294 Astron Sprint face card © by Estes Industries, very likely the actual face card from the completed kit shown above.

No comments :

Post a Comment